DOWNLOAD FOR FULL VIEW
( ´ー`) Thought I'd try a stab at this while I work on my layout. Sorry it's kinda vague... （・⊥・）
(1 & 2 can be skipped if you have a base)
1. Sketch out your design (sorry mine is pretty sad...)
2. Draw/Prepare your base (feel free to take the one I made
3. Sketch out the hair. I like long flowy hair. :3
4. Clean up the hair lines. Erase parts of the base that the hair overlaps. Also prepare hair palette. My palette has 4 colors.
5. Fill in hair with base color.
6. Take the darkest color and begin shading in under areas.
7. Go over those areas again with the second darkest color.
8. Add highlights.
9. At this stage I go around and lighten up some of the dark border lines where I see fit. I also add hair strands at this point. Strands can help make it look better but not always. Here I think I might have overdone it. :I
I suck at explaining.... Mah bad. Hopefully pictures are enough. >8D